Invisalign® takes a modern approach to straightening teeth, using a series of custom-made aligners. These aligner trays are made of smooth, comfortable and virtually invisible BPA-free plastic that you wear over your teeth. Wearing the aligners will gradually and gently shift your teeth into place, based on the exact movements that Dr. Linda Wong plans out for you. There are no metal brackets to attach and no wires to tighten. You just pop in a new set of aligners approximately every two weeks, until your treatment is complete. You'll achieve a great smile with little interference in your daily life. The best part about the whole process is that most people won't even know you're straightening your teeth. Dr. Linda Wong is a certified provider of Invisalign® Clear Braces treatment. If you would like to find out if you are a candidate for Invisalign®, please contact our office for a complimentary consultation.
Straight teeth not only give you a beautiful smile, but can also play a very important role in your dental health. Did you know that crooked or misaligned teeth, also known as malocclusion can affect your bite, jaws, and gum health? An improper bite can put strain/tension on your jaw and neck muscles, overtime causing pain. Malocclusion can also make it difficult to chew food, close your mouth together properly, and can lead to abnormal or rapid teeth wear. In addition, misaligned teeth can be difficult to clean properly which can lead to decay and gum disease.
The Invisalign® system offers a number of advantages over the unsightly metal braces of traditional orthodontic treatments.
1. The Consultation – The first step is a complimentary consultation with Dr. Linda Wong to determine if Invisalign® is the best treatment for you.
2. Record collection – Next, x-rays, pictures and impressions will be taken of your teeth. Dr. Wong will map out a precise treatment plan, including the exact movements of your teeth. Invisalign® will then generate a 3D virtual representation of how your teeth will move with each stage of treatment. With this technology, you will also have a preview of what your teeth will look like after treatment is completed before you even start.
3. Receive your custom aligners – You will receive your first three sets of aligners. Depending on your case, there may be tooth coloured attachments that will be bonded to some of your teeth to grip the trays more intimately, or there may be areas between your teeth that may be reduced slightly to allow space for teeth movement.
4. Wear a new aligner every two weeks – Approximately every two weeks, you will begin wearing a new set of aligners, advancing you to the next stage of your treatment. To monitor your progress, you will have checkups with Dr. Wong every six weeks.
5. Reveal your new smile – Typically treatment is one year on average.
6. Retaining your new smile – To retain your beautiful smile, you will have custom made retainers to wear nightly.